Chief of Staff (Dubai+Italy)
- Dubai + Italy
- Full time
- Mid - Senior
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes, fashion products, and accessories. We support them with design tools, e-commerce tools, and supply-chain, and help them launch their line from scratch, completely online and at the speed of light.
The creator's economy is booming, the shift in power from institutional organizations and brands to individuals across industries is accelerating.
Our community of creators is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieve their dream of launching their own fashion line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are a team of 28+ people working from Italy, UAE, USA, The Netherlands. We boost diverse backgrounds ranging from Tech to Fashion to business operations. We have investors from The Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy and Germany. We mostly operate in the US market (for now).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear and fashion/accessories industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Chief of Staff to help our organization scale in the US and Globally.
You will be the company’s buffer between the CEO and the AliveShoes team. You'll directly oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
The goal of the Chief of Staff is to manage all the important daily operations functions of the company and to directly support the CEO.
You'll plan and direct all administrative, financial, organizational, and operational activities for the CEO. You'll organize and prioritize critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision-making.
You'll work behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, reach deadlines, deal with daily team requests and deal with issues and act as a sparring partner to the CEO.
You'll be based in Dubai with frequent travels to Italy, the US, and The Netherlands.
The general responsibilities of the position go around 3 main areas: General Operations, Admin/Finance Operations, and Organisation
* Support CEO in daily operational flow
* Remotely Oversee the Italy-based operations teams through a direct report/lead of the team ( Content team, Community management team, Product design team, Supply chain & logistics team). Sync with them daily, check status advancement, help with hiring, mentorship and coaching.
* Manage large portions of customer support and customer success operations with the help and guidance of the CEO and manage the work of a small team of remote customer success agents
* Support CEO in weekly administration flow
* Manage and oversee all operational workload concerning the administration of our three companies (US, NL, ITA) through connecting and coordinating our network of accountants, lawyers, financial/fiscal consultants, and a direct internal company team member. These will include fiscal mgmt and compliances, monthly p&l of the group, balance sheet of the 3 entities, general cost control, and financial overview.
* Support CEO in fundraising through preparing documents, presentations, and reports for existing shareholders and future investors, coordinating the data room, and participating in meetings with shareholders.
* Assist the CEO in all organizational needs
* Assist the CEO and the AliveShoes team leaders with hiring and interviewing potential candidates
* Directly assist in the creation of new offices or organizational units
* Set-up temporary work locations suitable for team sprint sessions, set-up meeting spaces and manage all travel arrangements
* Set-up weekly calendar, coordinate meetings & manage email flow when necessary
Working at AliveShoes as the Chief of Staff means being always-on and supporting the CEO and the AliveShoes team at your best.
The Chief of Staff will be working on the go with the CEO and managing and syncing with all other functions in the company.
You'll be working from Dubai at an initial stage, you are also open to moving your work location frequently according to the company development plan.
If you are an energetic and open-minded doer, with amazing organizational and leadership skills, and you are also analytical and have a admin/finance background or knowledge we want to talk to you.
We don't look for plenty of experience, but we look for talent and a great attitude.
* You have gained at least 5 years of work experience in an international e-commerce company, in a big tech company, in a leading agency, in a consultancy firm, in a big fashion or lifestyle company or in a post-seed startup
* Experience in the fashion industry is a big plus
* Experience in the tech industry is a big plus
* Experience in managing administrative tasks in international companies is a big plus
* BSc/BA in relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
* Proven passion and knowledge in the fashion-technology area
* Experience of 1 to 5 years of working abroad
* You are a traveler of the world and are super-flexible and fast to navigate new environments
* Demonstrable competency in project management, customer success, operations, administration, finance
* Outstanding organizational abilities
* You master the main collaborative online tools and can seamlessly work remotely with the different teams
* Professional English required
* Knowing Italian is a big plus
* You'll work along with the CEO, which means always on the go
* You can move to Dubai from day one. You are flexible to change work location frequently
* You enjoy living abroad for an extensive period of time
* You already have held a position where traveling a lot or working/living out of your home country was a necessity
* "Always on" approach and highly performance-based growth mindset
* Can start within one month
* Think big mentality
* Doer- you can do all kinds of hands-on work in product/project management, customer service, digital marketing, administration
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than 1 week.
Given the characteristics of the role - the calls and meetings will be directly managed with the CEO.
If selected we will normally do a trial of 3 to 6 months. Contract terms after the trial are from 1 to 3+ years.
For this position, we will offer a salary with a range from gross $3500/Month to $9500/Month, based on experience, competencies, and attitude.
Further performance-based bonuses will be negotiated.
All travel and life expenses are also paid for by the company.
After the trial, you'll have access to a very generous package of partner-level shares in the AliveShoes American holding company.
Work Internationally with the CEO, work remotely with the team, meet the team in Italy to gain relevant experience in the field. Participate in sprint development sessions, growth acceleration sessions, investors meetings, partners meeting. Also set-up recharging sessions when necessary.
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.