Chief Operating Officer
- Full time
- Management & Operations
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes and launch a shoe line from scratch.
Our community is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieving their dream of launching a shoe line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of the business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader with plenty of operational know-how in tech, fashion, and digital marketing. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
Beyond your managerial skills, you have strong structuring and analytical skills with the ability to set up efficient business processes. Your knowledge of the internet, e-commerce sector, supply chain, as well as your high drive and ambition to perform, are impressive. Independence, flexibility, and speed are as important to you as geographical mobility and international experience. Entrepreneurial drive and the ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment complete your profile.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth
* Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the team (IT, Production, Design, Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
* Oversee the organization and operations of the Italian supply-chain
* Oversee the organization and operations of customer service and user's management
* Manage P&L, admin and Legal matters with external consultants
* Do hands-on work to fill organizational gaps until the proper team is present (Customer service, Admin, Finance, Communication etc)
* Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
* Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
* Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
* Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
* Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
* Work with the CEO in all operational, strategic and growth aspect of the company
* Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.)
* Manage relationships with investors/partners/vendors
* Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
Working at AliveShoes as COO means taking ownership from day one and giving everything for the company to make a meaningful and sustainable impact, grow fast, and create massive value for shareholders.
* Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
* You have gained work experience in a top-tier consulting firm, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, an international fashion company, international e-commerce company
* Having worked in a top-level role in a successful tech start-up or in an internet-enabled fashion company is a big plus
* Experience in the footwear industry is also a big plus
* BSc/BA in Business Administration, Engineering or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
* Proven passion and knowledge in the fashion-technology area
* Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, product development, project management, business development
* Hands-on skills in customer service, digital marketing, content creation
* Experience in managing an internet-connected supply chain
* Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing, etc.
* Understanding of SaaS, and e-commerce business models
* Growth mindset and proven knowledge of growth tactics and growth development
* Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
* Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
* Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
* Amazing ability to recruit, lead and manage teams
* Demonstrable competency in administration and financial tasks
* Ability to create operations work documents and presentations for stakeholders
* Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
* Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure, proficiency in Excel and very dashboard-friendly
* Experience in fundraising is a big plus
* Can work fully mobile (No fixed location - always on the go)
* 24/7 approach and highly performance-based growth mindset
* Can start within one or two months
* Think big mentality
* Doer- you can do all kinds of hands-on work in product/project management, customer service, digital marketing, financial administration
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than 1 week.
Given the importance of the role - the calls and meeting will be directly managed with the CEO.
If selected we will normally do an initial trial of 3 to 6 months.
For this position, we will negotiate market terms based on experience and attitude.
All travel and life expenses are paid by the company
After the trial, you'll get a very generous amount of stocks in the AliveShoes American holding company, and further performance-based bonuses will be negotiated.
Work from remote, travel, and work Internationally with the CEO, meet the production team in Le Marche Italy to gain relevant experience in the field. Participate in sprint development sessions, growth acceleration sessions, investors meetings, partners meeting. Also set-up recharging sessions when necessary.
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.