Chief Operating Officer
- Full time
- Management & Operations
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes and launch a shoe line from scratch.
Our community is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieving their dream of launching a shoe line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth
* Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
* Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
* Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
* Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the team (IT, Production, Design,Customer Service, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
* Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
* Do hands on work to fill organizational gaps until the proper team is present (Customer service, Admin, Finance, Communication etc)
* Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
* Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
* Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
* Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
* Manage relationships with partners/vendors
* Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
* Proven passion and knowledge in the fashion-technology area is a big plus
* Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
* Understanding of business models and
* Demonstrable competency in strategic planning, product development, business development
* Demonstrable competency in the Tech industry
* Demonstrable competency in administration and financial tasks
* Ability to create operations work documents and presentations for stakeholders
* Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
* Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and very Excel and dashboard friendly
* Experience in fundraising will be a plus
* Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
* Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
* Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
* BSc/BA in Business Administration, Engineering or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
* Can work fully mobile (No fixed location - always on the go)
* 24/7 approach and highly performance based
* Can start within one or two months
* Think big mentality
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than 2 weeks.
Given the importance of the role - the calls and meeting will be directly managed with the CEO.
If selected we will normally do an initial trial of 3 to 6 months.
For this position we will negotiate market terms based on experience and attitude.
All travel and life expenses are paid by the company
After the trial you'll get a very generous amount of stocks in the AliveShoes American holding company, and further performance based bonuses will be negotiated.
Travel and work Internationally with the CEO, meet the production team in Le Marche Italy to gain relevant experience in he field. Participate at sprint development sessions, growth acceleration sessions, investors meetings, partners meeting. Also work from remote when the situation makes it necessary and set-up recharging sessions when necessary.
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.