COO (Chief Operating Officer)
- Remote + Italy + International
- Full time
- Management & Growth
- Mid - Senior
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes, fashion products, and accessories. We support them with design tools, e-commerce tools, and supply-chain, and help them launch their line from scratch, completely online and at the speed of light.
The creator's economy is booming, the shift in power from institutional organizations and brands to individuals across industries is accelerating.
Our community of creators is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieve their dream of launching their own fashion line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are a team of 28+ people working from Italy, UAE, USA, The Netherlands. We boost diverse backgrounds ranging from Tech to Fashion to business operations. We have investors from The Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy and Germany. We mostly operate in the US market (for now).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear and fashion/accessories industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an experienced and talented COO to help our organization scale in the US and Globally.
You will be the company’s buffer between the CEO and the AliveShoes team. You'll directly oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
The goal of the COO is to manage all the important daily operations functions of the company and to directly support the CEO.
You'll plan and direct all administrative, financial, organizational, and operational activities. You'll organize and prioritize critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision-making.
You'll work behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, reach deadlines, deal with daily team requests and deal with issues and act as a sparring partner to the CEO.
You'll be working from remote with frequent travel to Dubai, Italy, the US, and The Netherlands.
The general responsibilities of the position go around 3 main areas: General Operations, Admin & Finance Operations, and Organisation & People operations
* Support CEO in daily operational flow
* Coordinate with the CEO the timeline and execution of growth activities in marketing, product, and tech development
* Remotely Oversee the Italy-based operations teams through a direct report/lead of the team ( Content team, Community management team, Product design team, Supply chain & logistics team). Sync with them daily, check status advancement, help with hiring, mentorship and coaching.
* Manage large portions of customer support and customer success operations and manage the work of a small team of remote customer success agents
Admin & Finance Operations
* Support CEO in weekly administration flow
* Manage and oversee all operational workload concerning the administration of our three companies (US, NL, ITA) through connecting and coordinating our network of accountants, lawyers, financial/fiscal consultants, and a direct internal company team member. These will include fiscal mgmt and compliances, monthly p&l of the group, balance sheet of the 3 entities, general cost control, and financial overview.
* Support CEO in fundraising through preparing documents, presentations, and reports for existing shareholders and future investors, coordinating the data room, and participating in meetings with shareholders.
Organization & People
* Assist the CEO in all organizational needs
* Evolve actual processes and improve the organizational framework of the company
* Become the hiring machine of the company together with the CEO
* Assist other AliveShoes team leaders with hiring and interviewing potential candidates
* Coach AliveShoes team members and push them to achieve their highest potential
* Directly assist in the creation of new offices or organizational units
* Set-up temporary work locations suitable for team sprint sessions and meetings
Working at AliveShoes as the COO means being always-on and supporting the CEO and the AliveShoes team at your best.
The COO will be working closely with the CEO as a second in command and you'll be managing and syncing with all other functions in the company.
You'll be working from remote with frequent travels to Dubai, Italy, The Netherlands, USA. You are open to moving your work location according to the company development plan.
We are not looking for a classic manager of "old-school" companies, we are looking for an energetic and open-minded doer, with a hands-on approach and proven experience in operating in a tech company.
Organizational and leadership skills, analytical mindset, and good admin/finance background complete the set.
We don't require plenty of experience, but we look for talent, a great attitude, and a true palpable passion for fashion-tech innovation.
* You have gained at least 8 years of work experience in an international e-commerce company, in a big tech company, in a leading agency, in a consultancy firm, in a big fashion or lifestyle company or in a post-seed startup
* Experience in the tech industry is required
* Proven passion and deep knowledge of fashion-tech
* Experience in a fashion-tech company is a big plus
* Experience in the broad fashion industry is a big plus
* Experience in managing administrative tasks in international companies is a big plus
* BSc/BA in relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
* Experience of 1 to 5 years of working abroad
* You are a traveler of the world and are super-flexible and fast to navigate new environments
* Demonstrable competency in project management, customer success, operations, administration, finance
* Outstanding organizational abilities
* You master the main collaborative online tools and can seamlessly work remotely with the different teams
* Professional English required
* Knowing Italian is a big plus
* Highly performance-based growth mindset
* Can start within 2 months
* Think big mentality
* Doer- you can do all kinds of hands-on work in product/project management, customer service, digital marketing, administration
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than 1 week.
Given the characteristics of the role - the calls and meetings will be directly managed with the CEO.
The first part of the process involves an initial 60 min call.
If we both see there is a fit, the second part of the process will be a 2-3 half-day session from remote.
This will involve a deep-dive session with the CEO, going full in on the role and on the company, some calls with the team and with one or more of our investors/partners.
If we are both excited about the opportunity, we will make you an offer.
We will normally offer you an initial trial contract of up to 6 months and a subsequent contract of 1 to 3+ years.
This position includes a very wide package of shares in the AliveShoes American holding company. This means a significant amount of partner-level shares, regulated with a classic 4 years vesting period. We want you in the cap-table, not just on the field.
Salary-wise, we offer a range between Net 3.000 to 6.000Euro/month (or 5.000 to 10.000Euro if invoiced) depending on experience, competencies, and attitude.
The salary will scale up proportionally together with additional rounds of funding and bigger yearly turnover milestones.
Further performance-based bonuses will be also added to the mix.
All travel and life expenses are paid by the company.
Work Internationally with the CEO, work remotely with the rest of the team, meet the team in Italy to gain relevant experience in the field. Participate in growth acceleration sessions, investors meetings, partners meeting and help us scale-up AliveShoes and make history in the fashion-tech industry.
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.