Head of community & Communication lead
- Italy + NYC + International
- Full time
- Marketing & communication
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes and launch a shoe line from scratch.
Our community is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieving their dream of launching their own shoe line.
Our production is handled in Italy in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an amazing community leader and communication wizard.
Proven operational excellence. Vast experience in fashion & digital media. Footwear enthusiast. Global mindset. Rockstar attitude.
We offer an aggressive salary, a strong equity plan and eternal glory.
Work in Italy, NYC/LA/London and more cities around the world.
You'll be leading a massive community of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.You'll be their organizational firepower and main point of contact. You'll be leading them through the platform and help them succeed.
The role covers 3 main aspects:
1/ Manage the designer's community
We receive lots of applications per day, from all over the world. Our role is to nurture them, engage them and establish a true and inspiring relationship with them.
What will you do?
- Screen applicants and unlock them to use the platform
- Manage daily communication and engagement with our designers ( through our internal dashboard, e-mails, livechat or skype)
- Manage and improve newsletter campaigns and engagement email campaigns.
- Create and manage an internal company blog
- Create new content to share via our social media channels.
- Set the communication tone and improve existing copy.
- Overlook designer's performance and relevant data, in order to reach specific sales goals
- Overlook the platform "health" in order to keep the community positive and enthusiastic
- Organize meet-ups in relevant cities to have direct sessions with the designers
2/Manage Designer's PR
Our designers need to be seen and noticed out there. Once they reach a specific amount of sales, they can use our PR service, that will expand the visibility of their story and their product to bloggers, influencers, press and celebrities.
What will you do?
- Create one to one relationships with bloggers, influencers, press and celebrities
- Recruit and manage a PR agency to help widen the reach, if necessary.
- Manage communication with designers that qualify to use PR service
3/ Attract more talents to the platform
There are millions of talented people out there, with no opportunity to be seen and no opportunity to develop their products.
It is our mission to find them and to nurture them.
What will you do?
- Set-up online advertising campaigns on major social media platforms to attract talents to our platform, and test performances
- Create partnerships with media, press, blogs in order to create more visibility for our platform
- Reach out to big existing communities to showcase our platform, like schools, creative communitites etc..
- Create meet-ups in relevant cities to present the platform to the local communities
You are enthusiastic about Fashion and you totally love shoes.
You have fluent english spoken and written, knowing Italian and French is a plus.
You have a good knowledge of fashion trends, you have a great sense of design.
You have worked at least 6 years in a relevant position in community management, customer relationships, e-commerce, consumer internet, media, digital agency or in a fashion company. Having already worked in a communication position in a Footwear company or as a community manager in a creative platform is a plus.
You are familiar with tech, you understand the dynamics and the flows of a digital product, you can use team communication tools, online chat tools, newsletter tools, CRM tools, Dashboards, and analytics tools.
You are great with emails, you have good copywriting skills and you are experienced with social media channels.
In general you are great at sales and at establishing human connection within any media. You can create relationship with people, empower them and excite them.
You are data driven, you like to measure results and optimize processes, you have a business oriented mindset.
You are not a classic 9-5 office person. You want to travel, grow, reach challenging goals, meet new people, work internationally, work on the go and fully embrace a cause with an all-in approach.
You love difficult challenges and you are stimulated to work with startups and talented people.
You are ambitious and energetic. You are a doer, you like to wear many hats when needed
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than a week.
The first part of the process involve an skype call. If we do find an initial fit, the second part of the process will be a full working day with us. We will fly you from wherever you are located and reimburse reasonable expenses.
The hiring period is divided in two phases, a 3 month trial period, and a 1 year to 3 years contract after the trial.
For this position you will get about gross 7000$/month for the 3 month trial, and about gross 9000$/month for the contract (this may vary based on the experience) + bonuses. You will also get a significant package of shares in the American holding company, with 3 years vesting period, if your trial will be successfull.
The job is based between Italy (Milan + Le Marche) and NYC, with frequent travels to LA/London and to other key cities and local strategic communities in USA and around the world. We also work from remote at times, when the situation makes it possible.
All travel expenses are paid by the company (life + travel and accommodation).
You'll be working together with the CEO and the community team.
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.