General Operations Lead
- International (ITA, UAE, USA, NL)
- Full time
- Mid - Senior
AliveShoes empowers creative individuals worldwide by providing them with resources to design their own custom shoes, fashion products, and accessories. We facilitate designers with top-notch design tools, e-commerce solutions, and a robust supply-chain, helping them launch their line from scratch, completely online and in record time.
Our dynamic community comprises designers, artists, students, and shoe enthusiasts from all corners of the globe. Our mission is to nurture and support these creators, helping them realize their dream of launching their own fashion line.
Our design and production facilities are nestled in Italy, within the prestigious shoe design and development cluster, The Shoe Valley. Our diverse team of 28+ individuals work from Italy, UAE, USA, and The Netherlands, catering primarily to the US market.
By joining us, you become part of the biggest revolution in the footwear and fashion/accessories industry of the last 20 years, placing you at the forefront of fashion-tech.
We are seeking a skilled Operations Lead to aid our organization in scaling. In this role, you will work directly with the CEO, overseeing our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
You'll be working mainly between Dubai and Italy; you are also open to moving your work location frequently according to the company development plan.
Other work locations may include the US (NYC) and the Netherlands (Amsterdam).
Your responsibilities will include:
* Assisting the CEO in daily operational flow
* Coordinating the timeline and execution of growth activities in marketing, product, and tech development with the CEO
* Remotely supervising the Italy-based operations teams (Content team, Product design team, Supply chain & logistics team)
* Checking status advancement, aiding in hiring, mentorship, and coaching
* Managing customer support and designer support
* Acting as a liaison between the designers and the supply chain in Italy
* Structure the work of a small team of remote customer service agents
* Supervising and improving customer success operations
* Managing VIP designers and top performers of the platform
Admin & Finance Operations:
* Assisting the CEO in weekly administration flow
* Overseeing all operational workload concerning the administration of our three companies (US, NL, ITA) These will include fiscal mgmt and compliances, monthly p&l of the group, balance sheet of the 3 entities, general cost control, and financial overview.
* Support CEO in fundraising through preparing documents, presentations, and reports for existing shareholders and future investors, coordinating the data room, and participating in meetings with shareholders.
Organization & People:
* Assisting the CEO in all organizational needs
* Improving the organizational framework of the company
* Assisting other AliveShoes team leaders with hiring and interviewing potential candidates
* Shaping the culture of the company
* Directly assist in the creation of new offices or organizational units
* Set-up temporary work locations suitable for team sprint sessions and meetings
The successful candidate will be an open-minded doer, with excellent organizational and leadership skills, great communications skills and business acumen and a strong background in admin/finance.
Key requirements include:
* Minimum 5 years of work experience in an international e-commerce company, big tech company, leading agency, consultancy firm, big fashion or lifestyle company or a post-seed startup
* BSc/BA in relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
* Demonstrable competency in project management, customer success, operations, administration, finance
* Experience in the fashion industry is a big plus
* Experience in the tech industry is a big plus
* Experience in managing administrative tasks in international companies is a big plus
* Proven passion and knowledge in the fashion-technology area
* Experience of 1 to 5 years of working abroad
* You are a traveler of the world and are super-flexible and fast to navigate new environments
* You master the main collaborative online tools and can seamlessly work remotely with the different teams
* Professional proficiency in English
* Professional proficiency in Italian
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit, we will get back to you in less than one week.
Contract terms after the trial (normally 3 to 6 months) are from 1 to 3+ years. For this position, we offer a salary ranging from net Eur 2000/Month (Eur 4000 if invoiced) to net Eur 4500/Month (Eur 9.000 if invoiced), based on experience, competencies, and attitude.
You'll be based between Dubai and Italy, and also working from the US, and the Netherlands.
All travel and living expenses are covered by the company.
Further bonuses will be negotiated based on specific KPIs and also linked to more general company goals like fundraising rounds or general business goals. ou will also have access to a substantial package of partner-level shares in AliveShoes company.
AliveShoes is a fast-paced startup. We value ambition, energy, and a strive for excellence. If you're eager to learn and grow quickly in the fashion-technology industry, we would love to hear from you.