Director of Customer Service
- International, Remote
- Full time
- Operations & communications
AliveShoes gives talented and creative people all over the world the professional resources to design their own custom shoes and launch a shoe line from scratch.
Our community is international, made of designers, Artists, students, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world.
Our mission is to support and nurture them, so to help them achieving their dream of launching a shoe line.
Our design and production facilities are based in Italy, in the biggest and most prestigious shoe design and development cluster in the world called The Shoe Valley (Located in Le Marche, Italy).
We are leading the biggest revolution in the footwear industry of the last 20 years. Joining us means to be at the upfront avant-garde of fashion-tech.
We are looking for an amazing customer service leader and communication wizard that wants to help us scale the company.
We look for proven operational excellence. Vast experience in customer service. Enthusiasm for footwear, fashion & digital media.
Global mindset. Rockstar attitude.
We offer an aggressive salary, a strong equity plan and ethernal glory.
You’ll be a member of the executive/lead team (most crucial people together with founders)
You'll get a very good chunk of shares in the company and partecipate actively in the scale-up of a leading fashion-tech company worldwide.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (NOW)
You'll be managing communications with our massive community of designers, Artists, students, musicians, influencers, creative people and shoe lovers from all over the world. You'll be their organizational firepower and main point of contact. You'll be leading them through the platform and help them succeed.
These are the 3 focus aspects:
1# Manage the daily communication flow with designers (DAILY OPS)
- Manage daily inbound communication that our designers send to us : general informations requests, tips, mentoring requests, problem with tech, problem with payments, logistics ( manage this through our internal dashboard, customer service ticketing dashboards, e-mails, livechat or skype)
- Router inbound communication to tech, to logistics, to founders when needed
- Overview claims, orders delays or special requests from designers and sync with the production & logistics team
- Screen applicants, send regular engagements, tips & tricks, reviews of their shoes and unlock them to use the platform through our dashboard smart tools
- Manage customer service crisis
2# Analyze and improve communications and operations processes (SMART & SCALE OPS)
- Manage and improve internal e-mails scripts, knowledgebase, FAQs
- Create communications automation, explore the use of chatbots and define best practice on the process
- Overlook designer's performance and relevant data, in order to reach specific sales goals
- Overlook the platform "health" in order to keep the community positive and enthusiastic
- Identify area of improvements in managing designer's communication
- Keep track of designer's feedbacks and organize them into an actionable document for the platform team to analize
- Optimize process to achieve greate scalability
- Recruit and manage a small team of community managers/customer service agents to scale operations at a later stage
3# Follow special VIP accounts that require more attention (SALES OPS)
- Enagage with the most important designers in the platform to offer further help and support
- Manage special requests from VIP designers
- Manage clients crisis
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING (LONG TERM):
- Help develop a solid company brand towards designers
- Help develop a global customer service team to manage designers from 20+ countries in multiple languages
- Help develop livechat & direct phone operations
- Help shape company’s global culture
- Help develop the new company's HQ
You are enthusiastic about Fashion and you totally love shoes.
You have fluent english spoken and written, knowing Italian and French is a plus.
You have good knowledge of customer service processes & tools
You are highly operational, you have great analytical skills, you are very organized - you get things done.
You are a problem solver, you know how to balance good communication with good business.
You are not afraid to take decisions.
You have experience in managing a small team and collaborating with other team members across functions.
You have worked at least 5 years in a relevant position in community management, customer relationships, customer service in e-commerce, consumer internet, media, digital agency or in a fashion company. Having already worked in a customer service position in a big online b2b or b2b2c platform or in a digitally advanced b2c brand is a big plus.
You are familiar with tech, you understand the dynamics and the flows of a digital product, you can use team communication tools, ticketing tools, automation tools,online chat tools, CRM tools, Dashboards, and analytics tools.
You are great with emails, you have good copywriting skills.
You are a natural problem solver and you are good at acting fast.
In general you are great at sales and at establishing human connection within any media. You can create relationship with people, empower them and excite them.
You are data driven, you like to measure results and optimize processes, you have a business oriented mindset.
You have experience working from remote and you find remote work very attractive
You are not a classic 9-5 office person. You want to grow, reach challenging goals, meet new people, work internationally, work on the go and fully embrace a cause with an all-in approach.
You can work anytime/anywhere and have a 24/7 mentality.
The platform never sleeps and you are great at keeping the focus always on but also are able to manage your time and fully recharge.
You love difficult challenges and you are stimulated to work with startups and talented people.
You are ambitious and energetic. You are a doer, you like to wear many hats when needed
We normally review applications weekly. If we find a fit we will get back to you in less than 2 weeks.
The first part of the process involve a skype call and a written test you can do from home. If we do find an initial fit, the second part of the process will be a 1-2 days full working session with us. We will fly you from wherever you are located and reimburse reasonable expenses or do it from remote entirely.
This can also be done remotely.
After the 2 days we will tell you if you are hired for a trial.
The trial lasts for 3 to 4 months, if the trial is succesfull you'll be offered a 6 months to 3 year contract with the company.
For this position you will get about Net Euro 2500/month (4500 gross) for the 3-4 month trial , and about Net Euro 3000/month (5500 gross) + bonuses for the 6 months to 3yr contract (this may vary based on the experience). The 6 months to3 years contract also gives you the possibility to get a good chunk of stocks in the American holding company.
Work from remote , travel Internationally to meet the team when the situation makes it necessary, also travel to Le Marche to our Production offices to acquire relevant knowledge in the industry. All travel expenses are paid by the company (life + travel and accommodation).
AliveShoes is a startup, that means we go fast, we don't follow the standard rules we are hands-on and we do lots of extra job. We look for exceptional people with plenty of energy, lot's of ambition that strive for excellence. If you want to start an amazing journey in the fashion-technology industry, grow fast and learn a lot in just a few months, give this application your best shot.